Sunday, March 27, 2011

30 things that thrill me - Day 13

Springtime in Kentucky.

I am on the road today headed to Northpoint Community Church in Alpharetta, Georgia with Wally and Rob. We're headed to the Drive Conference at Andy Stanley's church. Conferences like me inspire me and stoke my ministry fires.

We're traveling by car and stopped by Skyline Chili in Dry Ridge, Kentucky. Rob ate the four-way and Wally ate the five-way. I had three chili dogs.

As we were eating and watching the finish of the Kentucky / NC game, I looked out the window and noticed a pasture full of polled Hereford cattle. My grandpa raised a small herd of Herefords when I was growing up. Their roan colored bodies and white faces are cute as, well, a cow I guess. As I was plowing into my final chili dog I saw a calf skipping across the hillside toward its mother. As I finished my dinner, the calf began his.

There is something about a calf being let out of the barn in springtime that makes me want to skip along with him. My heart is light tonight.

No comments: