Wednesday, March 09, 2011

30 things that thrill me - Day 1

I'll admit it. I am easily impressed, easily appeased. Easily . . . happified.

In fact, it is often the littlest things that make me the happiest. That is not to say that big things don't make me happy, too. They do, of course. So if you're thinking about buying me a new iPad2, I'll take the 3G, 32 GB version thank you very much!

And yet, little things suffice. So, in celebration of the little things that make me happy, I will be celebrating one per day, for the next thirty days.


Day One - The end of the double space.

According to Farhad Manjoo, it is not only no longer necessary to hit the space bar twice after punctuation, but rather, it is unacceptable. Thank goodness. No more having to remember if I did or not. No more lopsided right index finger (I never had Ms. Mavis so take it easy.) Just one simple, elegant space.

Thank you Manjoo. Oh . . . love the surname, by the way. Any name with "man" in it sounds pretty cool.  Mandolin, Mannequin, Manitoba, Manistee, Mandarin oranges. . . . you . . . "the man."

No comments: