Thursday, June 14, 2007

Till my trophies at last I lay down . . .

Mrs. Frankly and I have spent the week getting ready for and now having a massive yard sale. We've been dragging . . . stuff . . . out of every nook and cranny of the Weller home. I had no idea how much . . . stuff . . . I had.

Tonight, as I was toting boxes out of the attic, I ran across a banana box filled with my old 4-H trophies. I've carted them from Indiana to Michigan and back to Indiana. We've been married twenty years, and this next move will be our twelfth (that's for you Scott and Sam). I've carried that same box each and every time.


I'm wondering . . . perhaps it's time I left the pig trophies behind. Or, should I lug them to Lansing once again? What say you faithful readers?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twelfth! Times a charm!

Scott

Anonymous said...

I say cover over the name plate and start handing them out as random awards. Have a pig calling contest at camp or something. Unless of course you want them set up in your new house as lawn ornaments. Yeah, that might work. -Chris (Jim's wife)

Anonymous said...

take them
take them
take them
take them
take them
take them ok frank

Frank Weller said...

Let me get this straight . . . you're saying I should take them, right?

Anonymous said...

Hi Frank,
If you're questioning about keeping them or not, then it's not time to let go. Bring them to Michigan! Sandy :)

Frank Weller said...

An update: I put the trophies in the storage unit late last week along with the other "take" items. It looks like I'll be toting them along at least once more.