Thursday, October 02, 2008

Dave said . . .

During last week's Bob Russell retreat we had a chance to sit down with Dave Stone, the Senior Pastor of Southeast Christian Church in Louisville, Kentucky. As we introduced ourselves, Dave asked each of us what was one issue we were currently working through in our church. I told him we were transitioning to become a church that "seeks, studies, and serves God." I explained that inculcating the congregation with this mission and paring away everything that was not "Seek, Study and Serve," was our highest priority.

I really like it when Dave said, "I noticed your email. Seekstudyserve.org - very cool." I confessed to Dave that we developed the mission after hearing about it indirectly from Southland Christian Church. I told him that we purchased ".com", and ".net" as well as our website's ".org." Dave frequently has contact with Jon Weece, the Senior Minister at Southland, so I jokingly told him, "When you talk to Jon, let him know we'd be happy to sell him one of the URLs we're not using." Dave retorted, "For just a week's worth of offering, right!"

A week's worth of Southland's offering? I'd say that oughta 'bout cover it . . .

No comments: