Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Does Jesus Care?

More than a hundred years ago, composer and pastor Frank Graeff was in the midst of a trying personal crisis when he penned the words to the hymn, Does Jesus Care?

Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
Too deeply for mirth or song,
As the burdens press, and the cares distress
And the way grows weary and long?

Oh yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary, the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.

Truth is, I think we have all wondered if Jesus cares at one time or another. Over the next three weeks, South Lansing Christian Church is going to explore that question. Does Jesus really care? Does he care when I am afraid? When I am tempted? When I am grieving?

In the darkest times of my life I have wondered. But time and again, Jesus has shown me that he is there, and he does care.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the topic. I've also wondered many times if He cares (even though I knew that He does, at times it just doesn't feel like it). What a great series topic! I do have one demand, though. You HAVE to sing that hymn before each sermon.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Debbi about singing that song before you preach.

Rachel said...

I remember one night feeling alone and frustrated and like no one cared - then I heard His soft gentle voice - I care. The peace that flooded my soul was amazing. Ever since that moment - I've never doubted His care for me. It is like He touch my heart with this truth so deeply that it left its mark forever. He cares more than we could ever know - but too often we don't truly seek or trust in His love & care that is absolutely perfect.

Rachel
www.stirringthedeep.com