Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Apprentice Whiners

That high-pitched squeal you heard coming from your television Sunday night wasn't feedback. It was whining.

Mrs. Frankly and I viewed the season premier of The Apprentice Sunday night. The Donald took his show to LosAngeles, and a new crop of billionaire wanna-bes began vying for the opportunity to grovel at the well-heeled feet of the coiffured one.

This season features a battle between the "haves" and the "have nots." Now, I am a big fan of the show, but I have to say the whole concept of "haves" and "have nots" is pretty disturbing to me. Basically, it works this way: the winning team sleeps in a mansion; the losing team sleeps in tents.

Boo-hoo.

Last night Frank and his losing team whined about having to use flashlights, about the sink not draining, about sleeping on the cold hard ground.
Give me a break! I've met people who would love to have a tent to sleep in. Just across town in South Central, I'm sure there were plenty of people trying to sleep on park benches, in buses and in subway stations. The "haves" and the "have nots?"

Everyone of Trump's hopefuls are "haves." If they can't figure that out in very short order, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stomach this season.

1 comment:

Soren said...

Obviously these whiners have never been to the Northmen!