Monday, March 14, 2011

30 things that thrill me - Day 4

National Preaching Summit.

I am at the National Preaching Summit in Indianapolis, Indiana for two days of stoking my preaching fire. This is an annual event that is designed by preachers for preachers. I can't help but get jacked up about the proclamation of the gospel when I come here.

This year's lineup is solid! Ben Cachiaras, Bob Russell, Billy Strother and Ben Merold are not only solid preaching practitioners, but are able to teach others how to do what they do. Here are some nuggets of what we've heard so far:

Bob Russell on the need for more preachers - "We need to become a preacher producing machine in the next ten years in our brotherhood."

Dr. Billy Strother - "We cannot preach to the wounded unless we just let Jesus have us."

Ben Cachiaras - "This one thing that we're charged with, this stewardship of the mysteries of God is the most important thing we can do."

I am privileged to share this seminar with five students from Great Lakes Christian College. These young men are part of the Advanced Homiletics class that I teach there. Hearing some legends teach about preaching and watching these guys soak it all up is inspiring.

If you're a preacher and have not taken in a NPS, mark down next year's dates (March 12-13) and plan to attend.

No comments: