Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ray Bolz is gay

No. Really. He's gay. You heard it here second. It was reported here first.

I've never been a huge fan. His songs always fell in the same genre as Don Fransisco - you know - really long story songs. For me, they were always just . . . well . . . too long.

My parents love the guy, though, and my daughter has sung several of his tunes over the years.

Now, with Bolz having divorced his wife of thirty years and "come out" I am forced to visit, once again, my thoughts on homosexuality as it relates to faith. Is it wrong? I will continue to believe it is as wrong as any other sexual sin. Adultery, fornication, lust, homosexuality - Paul said, "Do you not know your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. Therefore, glorify God in your body." Bolz can't do that if he pursues a homosexual orientation. But neither can I if I am ogling the Victoria's Secret girls between quarters of Sunday night's football game. Neither can you if you're dreaming of the girl at the next locker or the dreamy guy who works at the Starbuck's counter.

We're all sinners. My confusion is why Christians and Christian churches are being pressured to move homosexuality from the "sin" category to the "okay-as-long-as-its-in-a-committed-relationship" category. Sin is still sin. No greater, no less. Jesus died for Ray and for me and for you. But, "If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left. . . " Sobering words, not just for Ray, but for me and all who struggle with sin.

Bottom line - Ray has to answer for Ray, and Frank has to answer for Frank. Grace and mercy on us both . . .

3 comments:

Jon C.'s Mom said...

Amen,I have been debating this in my mind for along time, ever since I found out that one of my best friends from high school is gay. How to deal with it? God say's love your neighbor as you love yourself...ok, I love my neighbor, but do I have to love his actions? No, I don't. Still not sure how to deal with it when I come up against it though :o(

Mike Harrison said...

no WAY. He's gay?

He's just confused.

Hopefully he'll reconnect with the Way, the Truth and Life.

Anonymous said...

I have been inspired by the content on

http://pursuegod.wordpress.com

because of the way it deals with this sensitive issue. Wish Ray Boltz could have found others to walk with him in this in love - and that can still happen as we pray.