Saturday, May 31, 2008

Brazil? Nuts!

The BBC is reporting that the Brazilian government recently completed a low altitude flyover of an "uncontacted indigenous tribe" that lives in the dense forest near the Brazil - Peru border. They took the pictures to prove the existence of this tribe in an effort to convince logging interests to support the protected status of this land.

According to the story, Brazil is home to more than half of the world's uncontacted tribes. In their own version of the "prime directive," Brasilia has no intention of contacting, or allowing contact with the tribes preferring, instead, to respect their autonomy.

Here is my question: would Jesus have us make contact in order to share the gospel with them? What is the evangelical imperative in this situation?

P.S. Yes, that is a real picture. For more pictures of funky looking Brazilian native dudes, click here.

6 comments:

Frank Weller said...

My wife observed that no many people have been commenting on my blog lately.

Frank Weller said...

I told her that people look at the comment tally below each blog entry.

Frank Weller said...

And, when they see several comments, they're more likely to leave one of their own.

Frank Weller said...

I'm not so sure she agrees with me, though.

Frank Weller said...

Do you?

Soren said...

I heartily agree with you Frank.