Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Another "Last Days" Sign



My friend, Scott, sent me an email about this guy in Miami who claims to be the reincarnation of Jesus Christ. I was tempted to write, ". . . about a nut-job in Miami." But then again, maybe the guy isn't insane, but rather insidious.

Matthew 24 records an encounter between Jesus and his disciples:
Later, Jesus sat on the slopes of the Mount of Olives. His disciples came to him privately and asked, "When will all this take place? And will there be any sign ahead of time to signal your return and the end of the world?" 4 Jesus told them, "Don't let anyone mislead you. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, `I am the Messiah.' They will lead many astray.
Matthew 24:3-5 (NLT)
Folks, the more I study prophecy, the more I believe we are living in the end times. Jesus is coming back, and I believe He will do so in my lifetime. Might I be wrong? Certainly. But with so many signs that point to Christ's return, every person needs to seriously consider their standing with God in light of the imminent return of Christ.

If you wonder if Christ's second coming is around the corner, I urge you to read the four novels written by Joel Rosenberg, and then pick up a copy of his book Epicenter: Why the Current Rumblings in the Middle East Will Change Your Future. The novels are a quick and interesting read. Epicenter is simply chilling.

1 comment:

Soren said...

Thanks Frank. I'll check it out. Normally I take one look at these kinds of books and write them off as the rantings of some premillennialist Zionist nutburger.

I love this quote from a review on Amazon, "I see that a number of reviewers have had a problem with Mr. Rosenberg's book being too literal in its interpretation of the Bible. I suspect that these critics are some of those who do not study the Bible under the teaching ministry of the Holy Spirit."

D'oh! So THAT'S my problem. I haven't been studying under the teaching ministry of the Holy Spirit. What a fool I've been.

But because YOU said so, I'll give it a chance.